Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009 was a very rushed affair at The Qwillery. I usually have the decorations up the week before. Due to some things that happened over the last week I was only able to decorate on Halloween. I didn't even buy pumpkins until 3:30 Halloween afternoon.

I purchased extra candy because it was a Saturday night. Unfortunately it rained so I've lots of leftover candy. The Almond Joys and Malted Milk Balls are mine!

My favorite decoration is Dead Fred. His head lights up. I also put a strobe at his feet to make him a bit more creepy. I may add a fog machine and some friends for him next year.

The small humans dressed up as a Gothic Vampire and a Blind Phantom (you can see the red glimmer of the Phantom's heart).

Pumpkin carving was a rushed affair, but I think that they came out fine. The Vampire carved a Vampire pumpkin. The Phantom carved a creepy smile on his pumpkin.

This year I carved the Decepticon symbol (Transformers) at the request of the Blind Phantom, though since he was blind I'm not sure how he knew that I'd carved the correct symbol.

All in all we had a pretty good Halloween. I'm hoping that next year, it will be less hectic!

Qwill's Qwestion: How was your Halloween?

4 comments:

  1. The boy to a Halloween event with friends, so I got to watch the marathon of Courage, the Cowardly Dog by myself. Until I passed out. And then, when he got home, I totally got chocolate. Awesome Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Qwill!! Since my ankle still hurts, hubby got to take care of the kids. He sat out with one of our neighbors for a couple of hours. We didn't get that many kids either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the decorations and pumpkin Qwill, loved it!

    We don't get any kids here cause our town has NO street lights and it's way too dark to be walking around on dark dirt country roads, especially when we have bears around. My niece (friday was her 18th birthday) her boyfriend and his sister stayed with us Friday and Saturday night, they live in NH, they went to Six Flags for Fright Fest Saturday night and headed home this morning. Got to spend some quality time with the hubs.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics, love your Dead Fred. Kids look great too!

    ReplyDelete