Sunday, December 06, 2009

Holiday Shopping or I'd Rather Have a Root Canal or How to Save Yourself by Shopping at Cemetery Cat Designs

I'm not overfond of holiday shopping. I don't like the crowds. I don't like the feeling of desperation that seems to emanate from nearly everyone around me. So in order not to torture myself (or anyone else), if I can't get it online, I generally won't get it. I recently had one of the best holiday shopping experiences I've ever had. Let me explain.

This year I was looking for something special and unique for my teen daughter. She's a Twihard (sigh) but also has the good taste to love the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. I know that Synde Korman of Cemetery Cat Designs makes limited edition jewelry inspired by Vampire Academy in addition to other beautiful jewelry. Luckily for me Synde also makes custom items as well. My daughter's favorite Vampire Academy character is Dimitri Belikov. I contacted Synde with this information, and she started designing a necklace for my daughter. We discussed materials and agreed on a price. I was also asked my daughter's size so that the necklace would be the appropriate length.  When it was ready Synde sent me the photo below:




Wow! Synde shipped it out, and I received it in perfect shape a couple of days later. I was so excited that I could not wait to give it to my daughter. My daughter CRIED! She hugged me... a lot. I cried. She absolutely loves her necklace. I love that with the help of Synde I've been able to give my daughter a unique and lasting work of art. It is absolutely stunning.




I'm a real fan of Cemetery Cat Designs! As a matter of fact I need to have Synde make something for my son. He saw his sister's necklace and was so wowed that he would like something unique for himself. He's already given me a couple of ideas.

Here's the link for Cemetery Cat Designs: http://www.etsy.com/shop/psynde 

Take a look!!

[Just so you know - I have absolutely no link to Cemetery Cat Designs other than being a very happy customer.]

Qwill's Qwestion: What would like for the holidays?

12 comments:

  1. Synde ROCKS !!!! It is beautiful and so glad she likes it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. That is BEAUTIFUL. What a wonderful, special gift for your daughter. Yay, Synde! And yay, Qwill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. And it looks great on your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love it! What a great gift! That is beautiful! And it looks fab on her too! Way to go Qwill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, its really lovely and could be worn with almost any color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Mom! :) Making your daughter cry with joy: priceless.

    I usually want things I can't ask for -- like an X-box 360 -- which means mentioning small stuff that will make my life better (like oversized, button-down sweaters that will help me get through the rest of my pregnancy *g*).

    What did you ask for this year, Qwill?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome is that? You did a really good thing. :)

    Me? All I want is to be happy for a change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting everyone!

    Alana, I didn't ask for anything. What I hope for is health and happiness for the people I love. That would be a great present for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea Q, so glad your daughter loves it! I will have to check out Synde's site. To be honest, I wish I had money for bills this Christmas, not liking the struggle we are having this year. I wish everyone a wonderful Holiday.

    xoxo Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome necklace. You did good!

    I want health and happiness for my family and friends, and for me, I want to travel. :o)

    --Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the necklace.

    What I would like for Christmas is enough money too be sure bills get paid and to buy all the books on my wish lists. And healthy pregnancy for my daughter. It's my first grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Stunning necklace and such a wonderful present! Great she's so happy with it, too :) I'm checking out the webpage now...

    ReplyDelete