Sunday, August 11, 2013

Melanie's Week in Review - August 11, 2013




I thought I was going to start this week's post with 'I haven't read very much this week'. Instead I am going to start this post with 'its all about quality rather than quantity. Well that is my rationalisation for having read only 2 books and 1/2 way through book three....none of which were one of the many books I got from Netgalley last week. Please insert tsking here.

If you follow my posts you will remember that I have been holding my very own Riyria reunion by re-reading the books in the series by Michael J.Sullivan. I managed to finish Rise of Empire and decided that of the three books this is probably my least favourite. Saying that it is still highly enjoyable and nail biting. I am halfway through Heir of Novron and I forgot how tense it was. I can barely put it down and the reason why I was late getting any housework done which in turn means I am late getting my 'week in review' posted. Every time I think I am able to put it down to get something done I say to myself 'just one more chapter'. Sullivan also wins for having the  most touching dedication to his wife at the front. I thought it was a bit sniff-sniff and challenge you authory males out there to beat Sullivan's dedication!

I also discovered that the final book of the Emperor's Edge series Forged in Blood II by Lindsay Buroker had been out for over a week. I had to quickly go download and read it before anything else. It was a great ending to a solid fantasy series. Buroker resisted the temptation to make it too soppy and there were a few scenes with the anti-hero Sicarius which were just a tad gross.

I am having a problem keeping organised and asking dear reader, for your advice. When I only had my Kindle I could quite easily keep track of my TBR by having an 'Unread' collection. Now that I have Nookie, my Nook (original name, I know!) and reading Kindle books both on Bruce, my phone and sometimes my iPad I can't keep track of what I haven't read. I can't seem to create collections or shelves using the Kindle apps. If anyone has a clever solution to this organisational conundrum please let me know. I think that is enough of me whittering on plus I am sure that Hadrian and Royce need me to finish reading about their adventures so until next week Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment